Monday, August 17, 2009

Another mapping!

Zeke got another mapping last week and we have seen big improvements! He can now hear softer noises better and he is babbling even more then before. While getting mapped we had the audiologist look in Zeke's ear to see if he had an ear infection because he has been knocking off his head piece. There was definitely something in his ear so we scheduled an appointment with Zeke's ENT the next day. The ENT looked in Zeke's ear with the microscope and discovered that there was something large blocking his tube. I had to pin Zeke to the big chair by holding his arms and legs while a nurse held his head and the Dr. pulled out a very large piece of dry blood. Since Zeke has tubes in his ears after the surgery the blood drained out of the tubes and some of it just dried up in there. It was pretty gross and it was pretty big, I couldn't believe how big it was. No wonder his little ear was bothering him! He is now keeping his implant on! Yay!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe that! Poor little man. Glad everything is going better and better :) We will HAVE to do something this weekend... this is getting ridiculous!

Nicole said...

what a sweet boy! i'm glad you got things figured out there.

Elissa said...

So cute!!!! I love his little monkey/kissy face. What a cute boy!