Friday, July 24, 2009

Zeke said "ah"

It has been just over 2 weeks since Zeke's activation and he is doing so well. At Speech therapy this week we were going over the ling sounds, ling sounds are: ah, oo, ee, ss, sh, and mm. With each ling sound there is usually an object that goes with it. Ah happens to be an airplane, Zeke's favorite. The therapist started to do ahhhh with the airplane and Zeke looked at her and said ah. He did it 2 times. I know it is just ah, but it is amazing! My jaw dropped when he said ah! He has never copied us before because his hearing aids did nothing for him. Later the therapist had a car and was doing Raspberry's/motorboat sounds. Zeke looked up at her and pushed out his lips trying to copy her. Now if we do Raspberry's without him looking he will usually push out his lips and look at us. I think it is amazing that when he hears it he knows what to do without having to look at us. It is so cute. I am amazed and so grateful for his implant!

6 comments:

Missy said...

It's amazing how fast kids learn! Thanks for the update, we are all so interested in his progress.

Nicole said...

That is awesome Alex! How exciting! It sounds like he is doing great! Can't wait to see you guys again.

Steve said...

Alex! (It is Brynn on Steve's account). I am so very happy for you guys. That is probably the most exciting thing I have heard all week. What a little stud!

Meredith said...

That is so great!! How exciting for you guys!!

P.S. Jason and I went and Saw "Joseph" last week... you guys did a great job! You're so cute! :)

Mike and Meg said...

That is great! Is it a lot of work for you each day?

Dustin, Heather and Gavin said...

Yeah For Zeke! Ahhh! Soon it will be airplane! Good Job Zeke! Check out Gavin singing Rain,Rain Go Away on the new post. We should do play group soon. I know of a little boy named Aaron who is around Zeke's age. Let's get together soon.
email me
heatherfrost1206@hotmail.com