Monday, July 13, 2009

A week of hearing!

I have gotten a lot of requests to post about Zeke's activation. I am a total slacker and have been so busy! Zeke is doing so great and is adjusting great. When the Audiologist first turned on the CI he tapped his ring on the desk and Zeke gave him this look that was priceless. You could just see his little brain working wondering what that strange noise was. He kept looking at the Audiologist when he would tap his ring. When he turned it up louder we got more of a reaction, he started to cry. He didn't do too bad with the noise though and he calmed down pretty quickly with his binky. I will post the video once we get it edited and I figure out how to do it. It was so amazing and such a blessing.

That first day of hearing was a lot for Zeke and he slept really well that night. The first couple of days Zeke would kind of whine when we turned the Implant on, but now when he sees it he points to his ear wanting it on. When it falls off he usually tries to put it back on his head. It is awesome how quickly he learned how much he likes it and how much he likes to hear.
This picture was in the hotel after his first long day of hearing. He was running around the room and then just stopped and layed down on the floor!

5 comments:

Amy J said...

i was dying to know what was going on. thanks for posting!

Steve said...

That is so nuts that he just hears now. I'm glad the little dude is doing well.

Paul/Heather said...

What a cool experience! Zeke is such a funny boy...so cute to watch him grow up.

Dustin, Heather and Gavin said...

Hey Guys! Woo hoo! I love it when Cache taps his ring on the table and Gavin as well as Zeke turns his head to look! I'm glad to hear all is well! This is just the start of many things Zeke will hear and say that will just floor you! I'm excited for Zeke and you guys as his Parents!! Gavin has a had his first implant for almost a year August 1st will be a year! We get the Bilateral implant turned on August 17th. It truely is a miracle that the Deaf can hear!!!

Miss Kat's Parents said...

Cache did the same for my Miss Kat. He is an amazing audiologist!