So, I have wanted to start sewing, like really sewing, like my mom. My mom taught me how to so when I was 8 and have always wanted and have loved to sew. I have sewn the occasional apron, or pajama pants, or pillowcase, but I wanted to start making clothes for Zeke. I am not as good as my mom, because she is amazing, but someday I hope to be as great as her. She always made all of my prom dresses without patterns and my wedding dress and all sorts of things. I would just show her a picture or explain what I wanted and she did it. I have always told myself that if I have a daughter I want to be able to make her whatever she wants. My mom has told me just look at how other things are made and try making a pattern, but I was always too scared!Well I have finally gotten brave and sewed a shirt for Zeke. I started by making my own pattern and followed a tutorial found here at MADE. I would have had my amazing personal seamstress, mom, just make me a pattern and tell me how to do it, but I started this project pretty late. It is called the 90 minute shirt. It took me much longer then 90 minutes, maybe 2 1/2 hours but I finished and did it all by myself, pattern and all! It is not perfect and I think the sleeves might be too short for Zeke but I used what I had and did it all by myself! One of the best things about this shirt is that it didn't cost anything! It was all recycled clothing and T-shirts from Brandon's closet! It was hard and I had to do some unpicking, but I am excited that I accomplished something that I have wanted to do in a long time!
So drum roll please....
Ta Da!
Don't look too closely because it is not perfect! I can't wait to try it on Zeke!
Okay enough about me! I am behind on my posting. The end of January we went to Virginia to visit Brandon's sister, Mandi and her husband Blake and their new baby Kennedy. It was very fun to visit them and to meet new little Kennedy!
Kennedy is so adorable and chubby! I love chubby babies, I think they are so cute! It was so fun holding a new baby.
Zeke loved Kennedy and gave her lots of kisses and when she cried he tried making her happy by patting her head or giving her even more kisses.

While we were there we drove to Washington D.C. and stayed for a couple days. It was too cold to be outside and look at all the monuments but we did enjoy the museums. We went to the Air and Space museum, which Zeke loved because of all the airplanes, we also went over to the Smithsonian where they have the Dinosaur Museum and Natural History museum and others. We only had time to go to the Dinosaur, ocean and Mammal exhibits, but it was still a good time. Zeke loved the Mammal exhibit, he loved looking at all the animals.Thanks Mandi and Blake for letting us stay for a week, we had a great time!



3 comments:
Fun trip to Virginia! and oh my gosh, Alex, your shirt looks awesome!! that's so cool! I wish i could sew, too.... but just feel like there's no way i ever could. maybe i should give it a try.... way to go!
Good job on the shirt!!! That is awesome! Sewing can be tricky and it looks like you mastered it! Woot!! You go girl!!
HELLO!
Start your own clothing line my dear. You are so TALENTED!
Post a Comment