Thursday, June 25, 2009

Popcorn Please!

Zeke loves PopCoRn! Whenever he wants popcorn he goes to the cupboard and grabs the popcorn bowl and signs popcorn. This time when he wanted popcorn he did this cute thing where he moved his entire upper body side to side while signing popcorn. It was so cute. After he gets the bowl he goes to the pantry and waits for me to grab a bag of popcorn and after I put it into the microwave he sits on the floor with the bowl between his legs signing popcorn with his entire body moving. He is such a smart little guy.
Lately he has been putting 2 signs together which is very impressive for a 16 month old. He saw his goldfish crackers and signed fish then cracker. He also does please and thank you and more after some words. It is darling and I just love how he tries to figure out how to use his little hands. It is amazing to me. If I teach him a sign he will usually try and do it right away.

Zeke's new favorite thing to do is watch the movie Bolt. He will sit with a bowl of cereal and just eat and watch the movie. When he gets activated with his implant it will be interesting to see if he still likes watching it. He might like it even more then he does now. In 2 weeks he will have sound! We are so excited but so nervous to how he will react to it. I have heard of many kids throwing tantrums, shaking because they were scared and some just very silent. It will be interesting to watch our baby boy hear for the first time.

Zeke also has a fun little game that he loves to play. I will hide is binky or another object and sign where and binky. He loves looking for it. Now when I go to get him in the morning he will hide his binky under his blanket in the crib and sign where and binky. It is so adorable. One day I was driving to my mom's and we usually see horses on our way and I always sign horse and point to them so Zeke will see them. This one day he saw the horses first and he signed horse and then where. He was asking me if I knew where the horses were!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

He is so cute Alex. I think it's so cute he does 2 signs at a time now, that's so good. Drake also loves Bolt right now.
PS Zeke looks like such a big boy in the last pic, where did your baby go??

xXx said...

Alex! He is getting so big!!
He's getting to be quite a little stud muffin!
I cant wait to read about how it goes with Zeke when they activate the implant! Im so excited for you guys!

Annie said...

He used a where question? Nice language skills!

Elissa said...

What a cutie! I sure love this little guy.

Ben said...

Missy and I think about you guys often. We are excited for Zeke and hope he adjusts well. He seems to be such a cool little guy!