Zeke is finally walking everywhere now. He does such a great job and loves to walk everywhere and anywhere. He is a very silly and smart little boy. He has been picking up on signs like crazy. I need to write all his new signs down and count how many he does now. We have been working on finger spelling and it is so cute when he tries to move his little fingers to form letters. He does the letter 'Z' very well. I feel like I can't keep up with him and all of the signs he knows, I just can't learn and teach him fast enough.
We went and visited with the Cochlear Implant Surgeon this last week to see if he would give us the go ahead for the implants. He said that Zeke has fluid in his middle ear so he has to have surgery to put tubes in before we can do anything. He said that the fluid in his middle ear could be causing some of the hearing loss but we don't really think it is. But if it is it would probably give him about 30 more db if it even makes a difference to his hearing. He would still be considered Severe hearing loss if he gained the 30 db. Zeke has had a cold and has been congested so the fluid could be from that. After the tubes we will do some more testing with hearing aids to see if it has made a difference and if not we will hopefully be able to do the surgery on the first weekend in June! So pretty much if the fluid doesn't affect the hearing then our little boy will be able to hear by July!
It has been so long since my last post so I have a lot of pictures to post this time.
Zeke and Nissa playing with the giant turtle at my mom's. They loved it and had so much fun.
Zeke is such a good little helper to me. He loves to do the laundry. He helps me switch the clothes from the washer to the dryer and then he usually puts them back in the washer. He also loves to take his clothes out of his hamper and throw them everywhere then go and collect them all and put them back in.
Zeke has a favorite cookie and they are called Oreo's! He absolutley loves them and if he ever even sees the Oreo package he goes crazy and does the sign for eat over and over again until we give him one. While eating lunch one day he saw the Oreo's and wanted one very badly so after he ate all his lunch we both enjoyed Oreo's and milk. He concentrated very hard while dipping his cookie in the milk. He loved it and was such a mess!
While we had some sunshine and warm weather Zeke and I took advantage of it. We spent time outside with My mom's chickens and the miniature horse Bella. Zeke loves horses and I think it is his favorite sign. He always gets so excited to see the horse and the chickens.
Zeke is such a star! He was able to be in Seussical the Musical that Riverton City put on for a couple of nights. He was so cute. He was the baby elephant bird and a very cute one at that! He is screaming in this picture because he was very tired and sick and wanted out of his costume. He came out at the very end of the play because the elephant's egg hatched and so Horton the elephant and Gertrude the bird held him and sang a song. It was so sweet the first night he did it he looked up at Horton and up at Gertrude and touched their faces. It was so sweet. He is such a good little performer! Zeke's cousin Nissa was also in the play for a couple of nights and she was a little 'Who' person. She was so cute!
Nissa and Zeke in the wagon going for a ride. Nissa didn't want Zeke to fall out so she held on tight. They sure love eachother and are best friends.
7 comments:
Oh how precious! I have missed you guys this week and can't wait to see you. I love all the pictures. They are adorable! Cute! Cute! Cute!
Thats exciting to think that he may be hearing by July! What a joy he is.
Ok, the oreo pic is my favorite. I think it's funny when they recognize certain things. Drake saw the licorice tubs at Costco so we HAD to buy it. So funny. I'm so excited for you and your new house, it is so pretty. And you will be settled before you know it.. Hopefully we hang out soon!
You will have to show us pictures of your new house when you are finished. Zeke is getting so big. I hope everything goes well with the tests!
What an amazing little boy! I had no idea that he was in a play! It looks like you guys have been having a ton of fun! Good luck with getting off the floor...if you need help, let me know!
Welcome to the neighborhood!
Issac and I are so happy you are closer. we should plan play dates. Isaac lloves other kids.
When can I come by???
this week?
Need help?
Congrats on moving. Post pics of the house. Good luck with Zeke.
What a cute and sweet little guy. I love looking at your blog, you do such a great job. 3 of my kids have taken the sign program at Riverton with Meg taking all 3 years of it so if you ever need any help, she knows it very well. good luck with your upcoming surgeries.
Post a Comment