Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Spots, rashes and crawling

So our little Zeke had quite a week. He finished his antibiotics for his double ear infections last Wednesday and on Thursday afternoon broke out with these little red spots. At first I thought that maybe they were chicken pox or little bug bites. By morning they were no longer little red spots, but a horrible rash. It spread so quickly. The doctor said it was a delayed allergic reaction to his antibiotics. Poor guy the doctor said he had to be itching so bad, but Zeke is such an even tempered little guy that I wouldn't have been able to tell anything was bothering him.


Friday morning-Rash had spread and look at his poor little red ears. It is kind of hard to tell but the back of his head was definately very swollen.
Friday afternoon-Still spreading and getting worse.
Friday night-Rash spread all over. He looks like a dalmation with red spots.
You can kind of see how his head is swollen.
Now for some happier news. Zeke is a very mobile little child. He has been army crawling for a while but now he actually gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth. Today he actually put one hand in front of the other but kept his legs where they were so he didn't get very far. He will be crawling for real pretty soon here. I have to start baby proofing my house because he is already crawling everywhere.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I still can't believe how bad that rash got! Poor little guy! I hope he is feeling better:) I can't believe he is crawling already, he is growing up:)

Mike and Meg said...

Poor little guy! That is so exciting that he is crawling already.

Natalie said...

Hey Sexy! I tagged ya, just look at my blog to get the rules:)

The Simmons Family said...

Owee! Poor little fella. That looks so awful. Give him a kiss for me! Man, it's like trial and error when babies are getting thier shots or any kind of medication for the first time. You never know how they are going to react. I'm going to be curling my toes through that first year for sure. I always have to tell you Alex... I think you and Brandon are some of the most amazing people I have ever met. You are such a strong, devoted (not to mention super-cute) couple and you are amazing parents. I hear people complain sometimes about thier lives and thier kids and you guys always keep it together and you are so loving. I am so inspired by you guys! Bless your hearts!

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness! He has had a rough week! I hope things are getting better! He's such a cute little guy.