Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Easter




I am so grateful that we can celebrate Easter and remember our Savior and the sacrifice that he has made for each one of us. Zeke was so excited about the Easter Bunny and the candy and the egg hunts and I tried to teach him why we have Easter. I had the lesson for Young Women's on Sunday and since it was a short lesson there was time for me to do something about Easter. I got this great idea from my mom and sister about the 12 eggs that each have something in them that represents Easter and our Savior, for example one had a small nail, a thorn, a Sacrament cup, etc. and the last one was empty representing that He is Risen. Zeke was very interested in all the eggs and what was inside of them and had lots of questions for me about them and the items inside. I took that as a great teaching opportunity and explained everything to him. I think he was scared of some of the things like the nail and the thorns but I think he finally realized why we have Easter.   We also watched this beautiful video from the church website, lds.org called He is Risen which I put above. If you haven't watched it yet I encourage you to, it is beautiful and a great reminder of our Savior.




We had such a great Easter! We spent time with family having good food and fun Easter Egg hunts! We have way too much candy and goodies that I don't know what to do with it all. Zeke especially loved the hunts. He didn't have any school the week before so we spent time coloring eggs and then Zeke and I would take turns hiding and looking for them. He got pretty good and you can probably say that he is a professional egg hunter now! I am so sad I forgot to take my camera with me to our Saturday festivities but we had a good time at the Herriman Easter Egg hunt and at my parent's for their big hunt! Zeke had to empty his basket twice at my parents because there was so much stuff! Kristiina pretty much didn't have any idea what was going on except that the eggs have candy in them. If she found eggs she would usually just shake them and get mad when I tried to put them in her basket.
My handsome little Zeke gathering the eggs!
Here she sees an egg but isn't quite sure what to do about it.

Zeke loves to make silly faces and it is nearly impossible to get pictures of him just smiling.


Happey Easter!

No comments: