Friday, September 30, 2011

Kristiina's blessing

We blessed Kristiina on July 3, 2011. It was perfect. Brandon blessed her and did an amazing job, he is such a good daddy and he loves Zeke and Kristiina so much. We had most of our families there, and there was such a beautiful spirit that day. There is something so special and wonderful about blessing a new baby,they are sent from heaven and you can certainly feel it.
I have been holding onto and saving the leftover fabric from my wedding dress, hoping to be able to make my little girl a blessing dress out of it, and I did! My mom helped me with the dress, I couldn't have done it without her. I LOVE how it turned out. I also had so much fun making her a beautiful headband, girls are so much fun to dress!

I knew that the day of her blessing would be busy and I wouldn't be able to get the pictures of her that I wanted to, so a week before her blessing I took her to get her pictures done. She is such a pretty little thing and I love how her pictures turned out.

Love this face, So sweet!


I knew the day wold be busy and of course this is the only family picture we got. Zeke had already changed out of his church clothes and Brandon had already taken Kristiina's headband off.  He hates headbands because he says they get in the way.  At least we got one family picture, it seems like it gets harder and harder all the time to get family pictures taken so I am grateful for at least one decent one. :)

2 comments:

Missy said...

She is one cute little girl! I can't believe you and your mom made that dress, you two are so talented.

Meredith said...

She is such a beautiful girl! And I am super impressed at your mad sewing skills :)