Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Recovery!

I can't believe it has been over a week since surgery! Zeke is doing excellent. He is back to his normal funny, busy self. I have been so paranoid that he would hit his head because he is so busy and is such a little dare devil. He is constantly climbing on the chairs to get onto the table and other dangerous things like walking down the stairs. He thinks he is a big boy and can just walk down the stairs without holding on and he actually did take a tumble down 1 stair and hit his head a little, but he is fine, thank goodness. I am constantly chasing him around because I don't want him to get hurt. I am just so grateful that the recovery has been so fast and that he is doing well!
These pictures were actually taken before surgery, but I thought they were cute. I have these crocheted flowers that I got at Ikea that I was going to embellish a pillow or something with. Zeke thinks that they are hats and whenever he sees them he puts them on like a hat. He thinks it is so funny and he concentrates very hard to try and put them all on at the same time.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm glad to hear that he is doing good! It's exciting! We need to have another play date again.... =)

Dustin, Heather and Gavin said...

Hello Zeke and Family,
It is amazing how quickly these little kids heal up. Gavin just bounced back like nothing even happen? Before you know it he will be getting his ear turn on. Woo Hoo! I was wondering can you email me then I can email you back. I want to schedule a playgroup. But I feel wierd about giving the details over the blog for all to see. -Thanks Heather

Dustin, Heather and Gavin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bookmom said...

Hi Butterfields! Thanks for sharing the details of Zeke's surgery--I teared up a little because we are now scheduled to have Alex implanted on Sept. 17th. It's nice to hear that he recovered so quickly! Keep us posted on his progress!

Nicole said...

Hey, Alex!!!
I found your blog through some other friends, and i'm so excited to see pictures of your little boy! Wow, he is SO adorable! He has the sweetest big brown eyes. I'm so happy to hear that he is doing well!

Natalie said...

So glad Zeke is feeling good. We miss you guys, we will have to get together soon ;)