Monday, May 25, 2009

June 5th!

Zeke is scheduled and ready to go for June 5th. He is getting his cochlear implant and we are so excited. Our insurance approved and gave authorization for his implant. We are thrilled they are covering it. After he gets it we will see if our insurance will cover the second one. We talked to a family who has our same insurance and they said they would cover 2. We are crossing our fingers!
I don't really have any funny or cute recent pictures to post, but while I was looking through pictures I came across this one. When we first moved into our house the floors upstairs weren't done so our bed and Zeke's crib were all in the family room. One morning I was extremely tired and Zeke woke up so I told Brandon to watch him for a little while and to change his stinky bum. Brandon said he would but he didn't want to put a diaper back on him. While Zeke wandered into the kitchen I told Brandon that I hope he would pee somewhere. The dishwasher was a little bit open so Zeke decided to open it all the way and stand on it. He loves the dishwasher! Well it turns out that he did pee and it was while he was standing on the dishwasher. Zeke thought it was pretty funny, so did I. Brandon was the lucky winner and got to clean up the mess!


10 comments:

Nicole said...

That is such a funny story!! Congrats on the date and approval!

M+J=K3+E said...

Congrats and good luck!!!

Missy said...

Great picture! Good luck on the implant, you will have to keep us all posted :)

MJ said...

Alex, great to see your blog! THat's so exciting he is getting his implant soon. We have seen amazing things with Aaron since his implants were activated. He's doing so well. I'll make sure you have an invite to my blog so you can check in and see how he's doing. Call me whenever you want to chat about surgery expectations if you want. He'll do great!

The Brights said...

Hello! I just happened to stumble across your blog while over reading about Gavin (Gavin Hears A Who) and wanted to wish you all the best with your little man's upcoming CI surgery and recovery!

We have a little man that was implanted at two, so we know how scary all this can be! Surgery is always harder on the parents... you'll be amazed how fast he bounces back!!

dietzfam06 said...

Congratulations! We hope to see you there. That is so exciting that you are able to get Zeke implanted so quickly.

Kyle and Kamany said...

Alex, Hey I know it has been forever but I came across your blog. Zeke has the cutest brown eyes he is just so cute! I hope everything goes well with the implants next week!

Natalie said...

I'm sure you are feeling anxious about the surgery and excited too. We are excited for Zeke and please let me know if you need help with anything. Can I bring dinner to you guys this weekend or anything??

PolyglotMom said...

What a beautiful little guy you have! I found your blog through Cal's blog. Our boys are pretty close in age... Lucas was implanted the day after Christmas. What an exciting time for you! Good luck and I look forward to reading about Zeke's adventures!

Meredith said...

Wow! Good luck tomorrow! That's exciting :)