My little baby had his MRI yesterday morning at Primary Children's Hospital. We had to be there at 6:30 a.m. so we could do paperwork and get his IV. He had to have an IV because they had to sedate him. I think the entire thing was more traumatic for me then for him. He couldn't eat anything after midnight the night before so the entire time he did the sign for milk over and over, I felt so bad because I couldn't give him what he wanted.
They had to do 2 IVs because they missed the first one on his hand so the poor little guy had to get poked 2 times. He wanted to pull out the IV so they wrapped his hand in this blue bandage. He kept pointing to his hand with the IV and would hold it up like he was showing people.
The MRI took about 30 minutes so Brandon and I went to the cafeteria to eat breakfast. When we got back to the MRI room he was finished and sleeping away. They had him stay there for 2 hours sleeping because they say they do better when they get that sleep. Before we left they told us to not let Zeke do any walking or anything that he has to use coordination because he will be a little off balance. We set him down at home to play with his toys and he started crawling and he fell over. Good thing he doesn't know how to walk yet.
We got a call from Zeke's Dr. today about the results from the MRI. He said that everything looked normal structurally so we don't know why he has hearing loss. It would have been nice to get some questions answered to why he has hearing loss, but I guess it is just how it is supposed to be. I love my little boy and love him the way he is, even when some days are just really hard to deal with.
They had to do 2 IVs because they missed the first one on his hand so the poor little guy had to get poked 2 times. He wanted to pull out the IV so they wrapped his hand in this blue bandage. He kept pointing to his hand with the IV and would hold it up like he was showing people.
The MRI took about 30 minutes so Brandon and I went to the cafeteria to eat breakfast. When we got back to the MRI room he was finished and sleeping away. They had him stay there for 2 hours sleeping because they say they do better when they get that sleep. Before we left they told us to not let Zeke do any walking or anything that he has to use coordination because he will be a little off balance. We set him down at home to play with his toys and he started crawling and he fell over. Good thing he doesn't know how to walk yet.
We got a call from Zeke's Dr. today about the results from the MRI. He said that everything looked normal structurally so we don't know why he has hearing loss. It would have been nice to get some questions answered to why he has hearing loss, but I guess it is just how it is supposed to be. I love my little boy and love him the way he is, even when some days are just really hard to deal with.

7 comments:
Sorry you didn't get the answers you were looking for. He is the cutest little guy hearing loss and all :)
Oh Alex! You've got the cutest little man ever! You are so lucky to have that little angel and You are such a good mama! You make cute babies! You should have some more! :)
Hey Alex! I am glad you have a blog. It's much easier to keep tabs on everyone this way.
I am so sorry to hear about Zeke's hearing loss! Is it in both ears?
I will keep him in my prayers!
Hey this is Steve. You commented on our blog a while back. We just went through exactly what you went through. MRI, got poked twice...the works. Not fun. Just curious, did you guys ever do the genetic testing for Connexin 26?
I would have had a hard time watching Drake go through that. You guys are such good parents. That's a bummer that you didn't get anything answered... I'm sure you feel so frustrated! Zeke is a brave little man :)
Alex,
I just cant imagine how some days must seem. You are such a great mom! He is a lucky boy.
love you.
Your little boy is darling! We know exactly what you went through at the MRI. My little guy got poked twice too! It is so hard as a parent to watch your child suffer. It is an extremely emotional process that we moms go through when dealing with a deaf child. I will e-mail you some answers to your questions you left on our blog :)
Post a Comment